Jeff’s Plan on Healthy Eating
Hey Start Healthy Friends—Happy Friday! It has been a full week here. It seems like I have been constantly on the go since my last post. Getting home late and eating on the go. Among the crazy schedule, I managed to meet my goal this week. I clocked 12 miles between Monday-Wednesday and managed to get to the gym all three days to get lifting and stretching in.
I have found that running is not just about the routine of running. To be a faster runner with endurance to take on the long distances. I need a strong core and strong legs. I have been lifting and working with a trainer for a while now. My major focus has been fat loss and endurance training to prepare my body for the run and avoid injuries.
Weight lifting is a bit of struggle for me. I understand this is all to break me down to build me up to be a stronger person. There aren’t many things that I enjoy about lifting weights, but I LOVE seeing my veins. I LOVE seeing muscle tone. I LOVE seeing the changes in my body. So I will press on.
I used to be much larger. I loved to eat fast food, drink cocktails and watch T.V. I wasn’t picky about what I was putting into my body. I continue to struggle with sweets. But I have found a great alternative that has satisfied my sweet tooth. These protein balls are full of protein and fiber. I see so many foods that I used to eat. like cake—has no nutritional value. Just a chemical combination that leaves me feeling uncomfortable and gross.
Since I have changed to eating healthier, I have noticed when I make poor food decisions. My body does not react well to those foods. It’s just another reminder that when I fail to plan, my body pays the price. I hate feeling gross and sluggish.
So, how do I keep those feelings at bay? I plan. Planning my food choices earlier in the week makes me successful and focused on the mission of what I am trying to accomplish. It all goes back to my fitness goals and my running goals. My trainer would tell me that gym time accounted for the 30% of my fitness goals. The other 70% was what I am putting into my body.
I will be the first to admit that it can be very difficult to stay focused on my food choices. It is so easy to say yes to the double cheese burger at J.L. Beers, but it takes a real “warrior” to say yes to cajun rubbed chicken breast with broccoli spears and a glass of water.
Here’s to next week’s challenge. Commit to my food plan:
Breakfast: 8 oz of water; Start Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
Mid morning snack: ¼ cup of Almonds and a banana|
Lunch: 6 oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies
Mid afternoon snack: celery and ¼ cup almonds
Dinner: Chicken breast, or fish fillet (salmon 2x a week), 2 cups of green vegetables
evening snack: apple or orange
Sweet tooth saver: Oatmeal,Flax, Peanut butter protein balls.
Have a wonderful weekend and let’s all start healthy!
POST TITLE: Jeff’s Plan on Healthy Eating
POSTED: 14th August 2015